Share your constructive ideas in the comments below.
The Celtics have two all stars and are below .500 leading up to the All Star break. Something is broken. As much as I’m a fan of taking the patient approach, I’m not a fan of wasting the first year of Tatum and Brown in their primes.
By now we’ve all gone through whatever routine we typically use to process frustrating losses. Some (like me) shut down the TV and computer and go do something else. Some shout into the void (or as some call it, twitter) that everyone should be fired and traded. Hey, whatever, you do you (though I hope you won’t take it out on those around you or even on anonymous people online – remember to keep things in perspective please).
With that emotional release out of the way, the next logical step is to discuss (argue politely?) what the solution to these problems. That’s kind of what we do here.
So I’m opening up this topic – which I know you’ve been discussing elsewhere on the blog but hey, here’s a good place to clearly state your case and debate each side.
What should the Celtics tangibly do at this point? Please be detailed and elaborate.
- Fire Brad Stevens – When would you do this and who would you hire in his place?
- Fire Danny Ainge – When would you do this and who would you hire in his place?
- Trade Kemba Walker – Give us a reasonable trade package you think both sides would agree on.
- Use the TPE (and other pieces) to bring in help – Give us a reasonable trade package you think both sides would agree on.
- Just wait for Marcus Smart to get healthy and for the young players to get more experience – what roles will everyone play once Smart is healthy again and what happens if/when additional injuries leave us short rotation players?
Let’s figure this out together. Because what else are we going to do with our time?